This orphanage, located about an hour outside of the city, provides a safe place for local children who have suffered violence, physical and psychological or other risk to their lives. Created to have a family environment, with emphasis on education, the children are provided with a positive outlook on the lives.
The objectives of the foundation::
- Strengthening family ties within the home system. - A house or apartment where 30 children living accompanied by an “aunt or mother”. A space where is created a favorable environment to develop and grow the deepest feelings of the human being: love, solidarity, truth, justice and equity.
- Education.- the orphanage believes that education is a basic and fundamental element for achieving the objectives for this reason the orphanage creates a basic school of 7 grades, which is attended by children from the home and children of families living in the neighborhood of orphanage; the approximate number is 130 to 140 students. The principal aim of the school is to develop the intellectual abilities of children.
Productive technical training. This line ensures young persons to discover their spiritual physical-intellectual-psychological qualities and can freely and responsibly decide their productive contribution to society, that’s why the orphanage has implemented some laboratories such as agriculture, bakery, making uniforms, carpentry, etc.
Volunteer will help organize recreational activities, support the kids with homework help, encourage and teach the importance of hygiene, daily life skills and doing their daily chores at the home. There is a large garden that the children use to plant their own vegetables. This has proven to be very successful with the children and youth because they take pride in what they have planted and are always eager to learn how to improve them.
- Transportation: by bus from the host family is 50 min US$1.50 or by cab from the host family is US$20 round trip (40min).
- Optional on-site accommodations may be available at the orphanage
- Spanish speaking volunteers are preferred.
- US$100 per month donation for the project site added to your program fees.
- Arrival to Airport: Quito (UIO) Program starts and ends in Quito
- Project Length: 1 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project Period: Year round
- Accommodation: Host family in Quito, or at the orphanage volunteer apartment (4 volunteers max)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 or 8 hours per day
- Daily work: 7am to 12pm (school orphanage) and 13:00pm to 17:00pm (Orphanage)
- Weekends: Free to sightseeing and travel
- Requirements: Basic Spanish Knowledge
- Age Limits: 18 to 65 years old (no exception)
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vaccinations, Hepatitis-A and Typhoid
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- Host Family accommodation, 3 meals a day and laundry
- Orphanage accommodation: 3 meals a day, no laundry and no internet
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Volunteer project placement 20-40 hour per week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Orphanage Donation: US$50 added to your ABV account.
|South America /US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|South America / US$|
|Ecuador - Spanish Immersion||1065||1340||1615||1990|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.