Volunteer Zambia at an orphanage which provides 24/7 nursing care for pre-mature and high risk infants and toddlers, most of who are orphaned or abandoned. This center provides much needed food, care, love and nurtures the children back to health. At this project volunteers hold the babies, hand feed and bottle feed babies, change diapers, play with the toddlers, help in the kitchen and laundry duties also. Another orphanage our volunteer work with have children from 4-12 years old and are provided a safe home. These children have school lessons, so expect to read books, help with English lessons, playing in the yard, helping with handicraft and other daily chores. The orphanage are located in residential neighborhoods, about 20-25 minutes' walk from the host family.
Come prepared with ideas and be a creative self-starter who can handle situations where schedules do not exist.
Volunteer Opportunities: Orphanage programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Lusaka (Code: LUN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa, female volunteers only
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: South African Air, Ethiopian, Emirates, KLM and Delta
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A, Yellow Fever wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet