Volunteer at an orphanage which provides 24/7 nursing care for pre-mature and high risk infants and toddlers, most of who are orphaned or abandoned. This center provides much needed food, care, love and nurtures the children back to health. At this project volunteers hold the babies, hand feed and bottle feed babies, change diapers, play with the toddlers, help in the kitchen and laundry duties also. Another orphanage our volunteer work with have children from 4-12 years old and are provided a safe home. These children have school lessons, so expect to read books, help with English lessons, playing in the yard, helping with handicraft and other daily chores. The orphanage are located in residential neighborhoods, about 20-25 minutes' walk from the host family.
Come prepared with ideas and be a creative self-starter who can handle situations where schedules do not exist.
Volunteer Opportunities: Orphanage programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Lusaka (Code: LUN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: South African Air, Ethiopian, Emirates, KLM and Delta
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.