Volunteer in Nepal a dental internship in Kathmandu offers dental students and undergraduates the opportunity to shadow, learn and enhance their dental knowledge by observing a variety of dental procedures. Internship hours are approximately 35 hours a week, leaving free time on the weekends to explore this fascinating city and surroundings. Interns are based in a large dental hospital in Kathmandu which focuses services on the poor, marginalized and destitute people of the community.
Volunteers will work under the supervision of local registered dentist. Different types of treatment can include scaling, fillings, RCT, crowns, dentures, orthodontic, periodontal, surgical extraction which are a common daily treatment at the hospital. Depending on your skills and qualifications, you may have the opportunity to assist with dental restoration, root canal treatments, and tooth extraction.
Our internships and volunteer programs are available year-round. Whether you have one week or one month, volunteer with us and gain a broader view of the world.
Volunteer Opportunities: Dentist Programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Turkish Air, Qatar Air, Malaysian Airways, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Next day orientation and city tour
- 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Medical scrubs (white preferred) or lab jacket. Basic examination kit: mirror, probe, periodontal probe, tweezers, gloves
- $100 hospital administration fee. This extra fee is collected during the final payment. Will be used to organize your internship with the hospitals. ts.
Note: It is recommended all the volunteers to take Nepali language class which includes Nepali dental terms and help in effective communication during the placement with the staff and patient.
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
Extra- Not Included activities:
- UNESCO Heritage car/ bike tour full day/half day
- Hiking guide hire Horse riding
- Nepali Dance Class Nepali language learning (basic/intermediate/advance level)
- Trekking around the Himalayas.