This institution of social help located in Quito’s old town and working in benefit of the poorest persons of the city of Quito, this institution offers a service of immediate assistance according to the basic needs of the beggars of the city (feeding, clothes and bath), most of the persons who are in this institution have been abandoned by their family and they are persons who have suffered of problems of alcoholism or drug addiction. The schedule is from Monday to Friday since 08:00am to 13:30pm.
Computer Class, Help in the area of social work, give support in the area of Psychology, give support in the workshops with the purpose of providing an occupation, Organizing recreational activities, to talk with them, and help with the meals.
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 12 weeks
- Arrival airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-6 hours per day
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet