To work in the industries in the town areas, English language and basic computer skills proficiency is now a requirement. But in Cambodia the opportunity to learn and study is not available for everybody. So as a result many people are jobless. As a volunteer in Cambodia, you will teach English and/or computer skills to support the poor people, mostly in schools, thus improving the employment prospects of these future generations.
Volunteer English teachers are a precious resource and always welcome. Work alongside the staff teachers, sometimes monks, or even lead the classes in improving the pronunciation and conversational skills. Bring in your own ideas! You will have support from the local coordinator and mentor. School hours tend to be open from 6:30 am until 8:00 pm. There is a break from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm. Teachers of English, Computers, basic economics, translations, test preparations and implementing new teaching methods.
Activities: Volunteers will be given a teaching schedule upon arrival and the primary role of the volunteer will be to assist the English teachers during classes with the primary focus on pronunciation. Volunteers may also be called upon to develop their own lesson plan when leading a class. Local guesthouse accommodations provided.
- Project Length: From 4 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Phnom Penh (Code: PNH)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa + Police Check
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Korean Air, China Easter, Qatar Airways, Delta, United, Thai Airways
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Phnom Penh
- Airport meet and greet at airport. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-35 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical work hours: 630am - 800pm shirt work
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Cambodia. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Asia / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.