To work in the industries in the town areas, English language and basic computer skills proficiency is now a requirement. But in Cambodia the opportunity to learn and study is not available for everybody. So as a result many people are jobless. As a volunteer in Cambodia, you will teach English and/or computer skills to support the poor people, mostly in schools, thus improving the employment prospects of these future generations.
Volunteer English teachers are a precious resource and always welcome. Work alongside the staff teachers, sometimes monks, or even lead the classes in improving the pronunciation and conversational skills. Bring in your own ideas! You will have support from the local coordinator and mentor. School hours tend to be open from 6:30 am until 8:00 pm. There is a break from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm. Teachers of English, Computers, basic economics, translations, test preparations and implementing new teaching methods.
Activities: Volunteers will be given a teaching schedule upon arrival and the primary role of the volunteer will be to assist the English teachers during classes with the primary focus on pronunciation. Volunteers may also be called upon to develop their own lesson plan when leading a class. Local guesthouse accommodations provided.
- Project Length: From 4 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Phnom Penh (Code: PNH)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa + Police Check
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Korean Air, China Easter, Qatar Airways, Delta, United, Thai Airways
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Phnom Penh
- Airport meet and greet at airport. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-35 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical work hours: 630am - 800pm shirt work
- Support: Local ABV Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Cambodia. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet