This School is an institution of social help located in Quito’s old town and working in benefit of its students during 129 years. It gives educational services to 382 kids from kinder garden to 2nd year of high school. The schedule is from Monday to Friday since 07:15 AM to 13:30 PM
- Volunteers can help by taking care of the children.
- Volunteers give their help in the Areas of English, Music, Arts, among other areas depending on the volunteer’s skills.
- Volunteers can help in the area of Psychology.
- Volunteers can help at the Dental Care Center.
- Volunteers can give their assistance in the area of Social Work.
- Volunteers can help by preparing didactic material as well as by organizing didactic activities for the children.
This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program. Program Vacations (Closed): February 2nd to 15th (approx.)
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March to December. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Quito (UIO)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Quito
- Airport meet and greet in Quito.
- Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7:15am – 13:30pm, program con be combined with other programs
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Ecuador - Spanish Immersion||1065||1340||1615||1990|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.