Volunteers have the opportunity to teach conversational English at a public school in Santa Cruz. The school has over 650 children from 4 years to 14 years old, in the areas of pre-school up to primary 7th grade. Volunteers will help in areas of English lessons, recreation and also developmental needs of the children. Classes are held Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 1:00pm.
Opportunities also available in a multilingual education facility that was created in order to give educational services to the children from the islands, especially for those that have migrated from the indigenous communities with their families. School has 30 pre-school students and 100 children in basic education. Ages 4yrs to 11 years old.
- Program Vacations (Closed): February 27th to May 11th (approx.)
- Project length: 2 weeks or 4 weeks
- Project dates: March to December. Choose any date to arrive
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos
- Entrance fee ($100) Galapagos NP
- Ingala ID card
- Meet and greet on San Cruz
- Host family accommodation and 3 meals a day
- Volunteer project placement 35-40 hour per week
- Transfer to airport at end of program
- Airline ticket Galapagos to Quito
- Airport reception in Quito
- Final overnight/meals in Quito
- Departure transfer to Quito
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Ecuador ( Galapagos Islands )||2135||2375||2585|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.