Volunteers have the opportunity to teach conversational English at a public school in Santa Cruz. The school has over 650 children from 4 years to 14 years old, in the areas of pre-school up to primary 7th grade. Volunteers will help in areas of English lessons, recreation and also developmental needs of the children. Classes are held Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 1:00pm.
Opportunities also available in a multilingual education facility that was created in order to give educational services to the children from the islands, especially for those that have migrated from the indigenous communities with their families. School has 30 pre-school students and 100 children in basic education. Ages 4yrs to 11 years old.
- Program Vacations (Closed): February 27th to May 11th (approx.)
- Project length: 2 weeks or 4 weeks
- Project dates: March to December. Choose any date to arrive
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos
- Entrance fee ($100) Galapagos NP
- Ingala ID card
- Meet and greet on San Cruz
- Host family accommodation and 3 meals a day
- Volunteer project placement 35-40 hour per week
- Transfer to airport at end of program
- Airline ticket Galapagos to Quito
- Airport reception in Quito
- Final overnight/meals in Quito
- Departure transfer to Quito
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Donation: US$40 per month paid in the ABV account.