Although the Indian government works hard to provide quality education to poor needy communities, our volunteers are assisting in great ways! Teaching can be very rewarding, but in India the program is challenging. By providing English learning opportunities to poor children they gain a chance of a better life and breaking out of the cycle of poverty.
Kindergarten and primary school levels are available. You will assist the local teacher, focus on teaching English and other basic subjects. You may be given a syllabus or curriculum to follow. However volunteers are encouraged to use visual aids and other non-traditional teaching methods using sports, creative games and arts and crafts to encourage participation. Having some Hindi phrases will be very useful for the volunteer. Volunteers should be pro-active, reliable and open for challenge.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation cost is around US$2 - 4 a day by Tuk-tuk (motorcycle ride) can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (1km to 7km ride).
Volunteer Opportunities: Education Program
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Jaipur International Airport (JAI)
- Accommodation: Local host family/Shared volunteer House
- Meals: 3 per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airlines: Jet airways, Spice jet, Etihad, Indigo, Go Air, Air India etc.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Jaipur City
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing, camel safari, elephant safari, Taj Mahal etc.
- Typical shift work can be: 8:30am - 1:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
- A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
- Accommodation with local host family or in shared volunteer house. Expect shared rooms (double/triple accommodations)
- All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Project visit with supervisor
- Resource materials to use on project
- Weekly market visit to shop for your necessities
- One party & dinner out to experience the new India
- Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
- Airport drop at Jaipur airport
- Emergency support
- Airfare, visa, insurance, local transportation, vaccinations, local sightseeing and all personal expenses. Cultural classes like Hindi class, Indian dress workshop, Yoga class, cooking class only for the volunteers who stays in ABV house (fees apply).
|Asia / US$|
|India Jaipur (Teaching)||1640|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.