Volunteer Zambia at a rustic, community school on the outskirts of Livingstone. This school, although lacking in proper materials and trained teachers, is free of charge for children in the village. Most the children are orphans, or from very poor families who cannot afford to send their children elsewhere.
The school has over 200 students, mainly between 3-14 years old. Volunteer’s will each basics like writing and reading English. Help the older students with lessons on math, science, perhaps sports activities after school. Volunteer teachers should be enthusiastic and open to a rural village setting. Expect to volunteer Monday to Friday and work alongside the local teacher to create lessons plans based on your strengths and ideas.
This is a great opportunity to support a community program, be immersed with a local host family and visit a wonderful site of Victoria Falls on your free weekend.
Volunteer Opportunities: Teaching Program
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Livingstone (Code: LVI)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist/Volunteer Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Proflight Zambia, Etihad, SAA, British Air, KLM, Air France
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A, Yellow Fever wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Airport meet and greet in Livingstone airport
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Host Family Accommodations. Including breakfast & dinner daily.
- Typical shift work vary day to day, Expect 6-7 hour work days
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: Airport Transfer to Livingstone Airport
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet access