Volunteer in Nepal a local primary school in Kathmandu. You will get the opportunity to learn about education challenges in a developing country like Nepal. By being a volunteer English teacher in a school, you will help underprivileged children improve their English skills, gain knowledge on various health issues, social issues and enhancement of academic performance.
As a volunteer in this project you may be asked to participate or organize the following activities during the placement:
- Lesson planning with the local teacher: English, Health, Math lessons
- Develop training, teaching and communication manuals for students.
- Conduct workshops for students in various subjects and skill development for sports, science, art, health awareness etc.
- No Prior experience is needed however; volunteers should be very good in English, child friendly, caring, dedicated and have a lot of patience.
Note: Volunteers are asked to bring teaching aids (flash cards, maps, multiplication tables, and other visual aids) as well as any sports or arts and craft materials. It is recommended all the volunteers to take Nepali language class (optional activity) which will help volunteers in effective communication during the placement with the staff and children.
Volunteer Opportunities: Teaching English
- US$100 program fee paid with your program cost
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily
- Airlines: Turkish Air, Qatar Air, Malaysian Airways, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Kathmandu
- Airport meet and greet in Kathmandu. Next day orientation and city tour
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
Extra- Not Included activities:
- UNESCO Heritage car/ bike tour full day/half day
- Hiking guide hire Horse riding
- Nepali Dance Class Nepali language learning (basic/intermediate/advance level)
- Trekking around the Himalayas.