Volunteer Zambia Lusaka at a school project which supports orphans and provides education to vulnerable in the community and surrounding areas. The school was founded as a result of the increasing inequality and privation of the plight of the child in accessing basic education and care in rural areas outside of Lusaka.
The school has 300 students, ranging from nursery age through 7th grade. The school implemented a daily feeding program and sports club for boys and girls.
Volunteers will assist the teachers in lessons: English classes focusing on basic alphabet, athematic, geography, basic science and also be involved in after school fun activities, sports, arts and crafts and other games with the kids. Volunteer will actively assist with the feeding program helping to make and distribute meals to the children. The basic aim is to offer assistance to encourage and inspire less privileged but intelligent children in Zambia to stay in school, and assist them to lift themselves out of poverty.
- Term 1 - Mid January through early May
- Term 2 - May through early August
- Term 3 – September through early December.
Volunteer Opportunities: Orphanage Teaching Program
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Lusaka (Code: LUN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Host family, or dorm style housing
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Delta, United, KLM, Lufthansa
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A, Yellow Fever wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet