Volunteer at a school project which supports orphans and provides education to vulnerable in the community and surrounding areas. The school was founded as a result of the increasing inequality and privation of the plight of the child in accessing basic education and care in rural areas outside of Lusaka.
The school has 300 students, ranging from nursery age through 7th grade. The school implemented a daily feeding program and sports club for boys and girls.
Volunteers will assist the teachers in lessons: English classes focusing on basic alphabet, athematic, geography, basic science and also be involved in after school fun activities, sports, arts and crafts and other games with the kids. Volunteer will actively assist with the feeding program helping to make and distribute meals to the children. The basic aim is to offer assistance to encourage and inspire less privileged but intelligent children in Zambia to stay in school, and assist them to lift themselves out of poverty.
- Term 1 - Mid January through early May
- Term 2 - May through early August
- Term 3 – September through early December.
Volunteer Opportunities: Orphanage Teaching Program
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Lusaka (Code: LUN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Host family, or dorm style housing
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Delta, United, KLM, Lufthansa
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.