Volunteer Cambodia Phnom Penh, once considered to be the loveliest of Indochina's French-built cities, was called the "Pearl of Asia". Today it is a bustling city. The city has a mix of French colonial and Khmer architecture, and sits at the base of the Mekong, Bassac and Tonlé Sap Rivers. In the city there are a number of Wats (temple-monasteries), museums and other places of interest which can be visited on the weekends.
For some, the capital city can be quite a shock. Phnom Penh can be a very hot and dusty, the streets are busy with cars, people, motorbikes and street children begging for hand outs. In the past 30 years the country has undergone extreme challenges, war and destruction.
There is real poverty in Cambodia, especially on the streets of Phnom Penh, where many wary countryside villagers end up in search of a better life. Poor people, particularly ethnic minorities, are often uninformed about their rights and lack access to legal assistance, health care and especially education.
Our programs focus on orphan children, rescued from a life on the streets. Providing a home based, love and support, and some education will help break the vicious poverty cycle that these kids would otherwise be destined for.
Volunteering Projects in Cambodia Phnom Penh
- Project Length: From 4 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Phnom Penh (Code: PNH)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa + Police Check
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Korean Air, China Easter, Qatar Airways, Delta, United, Thai Airways
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay or onsite at orphanage
- Meals: 2 Meals
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet