This is an opportunity to learn, enhance or strengthen your Spanish knowledge, all the while giving back to a community based projects. Lessons are provided by local tutors on a one-on-one basis (or max 2 students). Lesson plans are created with your input so they can be most effective, let the tutor know what are your goals. Expectations can vary from volunteer to volunteer. Lessons can be in the afternoon or morning depending of availability of the tutor.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
Each hour is 45 minutes with a 15 minute break. Any questions while in country ask the coordinator or email ABV. Language Immersion classes can be combined with the orphanage project, or the teaching English program. Extra fees are applied.
Volunteer Opportunities: Spanish Lessons Chile
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: La Serena (LSC)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: intermediate/basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons while in country and Police Check/Clearance report
- Airlines: Lan Chile, American, United, Delta, Iberia, Avianca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in La Serena
- Airport meet and greet in La Serena. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week total 12 hours
- Certificate of completion from ABV
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Chile. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet