This is an opportunity to learn, enhance or strengthen your Spanish knowledge, all the while giving back to a community based projects. Lessons are provided by local tutors on a one-on-one basis (or max 2 students). Lesson plans are created with your input so they can be most effective, let the tutor know what are your goals. Expectations can vary from volunteer to volunteer. Lessons can be in the afternoon or morning depending of availability of the tutor.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
Each hour is 45 minutes with a 15 minute break. Any questions while in country ask the coordinator or email ABV. Language Immersion classes can be combined with the orphanage project, or the teaching English program. Extra fees are applied.
Volunteer Opportunities: Spanish Lessons Chile
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: La Serena (LSC)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: intermediate/basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons while in country and Police Check/Clearance report
- Airlines: Lan Chile, American, United, Delta, Iberia, Avianca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in La Serena
- Airport meet and greet in La Serena. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week total 12 hours
- Certificate of completion from ABV
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Chile. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Chile - Spanish Immersion||1140||1480||1820||2160|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.