Located in northeastern China, the city of Yantai sits on the coast of the Shandong Peninsula. Once recognized as the most "Charming City of China, Yantai is a small but busy shipping port city that to this day still retains some of its colonial charm. Unlike the large metropolis of Beijing and Shanghai, Yantai has its own unique character and history. In 1861, Yantai became one of the first opening ports in the modern China. There is evidence that the city of Yantai existed as long as 10,000 years ago and was used as a means of defense against pirates. Today you can still see the well preserved navy base which dates back to the Ming Dynasty.
Yantai is known for its year round pleasant weather, and an abundant of fruit industries. The long coastline around Yantai offer a plentitude of seafood - scallops, crabs and prawns, are all easily available. The striking scenery in and around the city has earned the area acclaim by the United Nations, which lists it as one of the most inhabitable places in the world. Rolling hills rise above the areas many rivers, and are framed by beaches and neighboring islands.
With China’s rapid economic development, facilities in Yantai are improving, more emphasis on education, and transportation is becoming more and more convenient. The need for native English speakers is high, as the country opens its doors to the rest of the World.
The Chinese Lunar New Year February 4 to 19
The China National Holidays from Oct 1 to 7
International Labour Day Holidays from May 1 to 3
- Project length: From 1 week to 8 Weeks
- Arrival Airport: Yantai (YNT)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 4-5 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa, native English speaker
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Air China, Delta, United, China Souther, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Private dorm room with bathroom
- Meals: 3 Meals
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet