We have social welfare programs, as well as environmental/conservations programs on the Islands. On Santa Cruz volunteers can work with very small children, babies, toddler and also pre-school and higher education. On San Cristobal our environmental projects focus on sea turtle, marine iguana, green house growing and sea lion conservation efforts.
For both projects volunteers begin and end their journey in Quito. You will spend the first 2 nights in Quito (with meals) receiving your program briefing and orientation. You will be provided roundtrip airline tickets to the islands and be escorted to the airport in Quito. Flight time is approximately 3 hours. Once on the Island you will be met by your host family at the airport and they will accompany you to their home. All transportation at the end of the program, back to Quito, including airfare, is included in the program fees.
- Project length: 2 weeks or 4 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: Lan Ecuador, American, United, Delta, Avianca, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Ecuador ( Galapagos Islands )||2135||2375||2585|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.