Known as the "land of a thousand hills', Rwanda is a lovely country dotted with green landscapes made up of volcanic mountains, high and low altitude forests, expansive savannah and beautiful lakeside beaches. Rwanda is also home to the world-famous mountain gorillas.
Volunteers have many opportunities, for tourism, on their free days. These include visiting mountain gorillas in the Virunga National Park, safari in Akagera National Park, visiting the beautiful Lake Kivu on the western edge of the country, or learning about local culture and history at the National Museum in Huye. Extending a trip to visit neighboring countries such as Uganda or Tanzania is also very easy.
This volunteer program supports pre-school & primary school classes, as well as youth in vocational training school. The programs are committed to protecting the human rights of children in Rwanda, eradicating any form of child labor and offering even the most disadvantaged child the chance of a good education. Come volunteer in Rwanda and work with children and youth in a village school. The school offering these children an opportunity to grow and learn, and possibly a chance at a better like.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
· First term starts on 6th January ends 5th April,
· Second term starts on 28th April ends 3rd July,
· Third term starts on 11th August ends 25th Oct
- Arrival Airport: Kigali (Code: KGL)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Teaching experience preferred. Enthusiasm a must!
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers
- Airlines: KLM, Delta, Qatar Air, Ethiopian
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family or On Site Dorm Room
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Kigali Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Rwanda. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.