In La Ceiba there is a growing need for native English speakers to help students become a part of the growing hospitality industry. Volunteers work at a local primary school or high school in La Ceiba. These areas are very poor, and the schools lack native English-speaking volunteers.
In this program, volunteers will help children learn the correct use of English words and master English grammar. A typical class averages about 30 students. You must be able to communicate in Spanish, and comfortable in front of a classroom.
- This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program
School Closed: December 1st to January 30th
Volunteer Opportunities: Honduras Education Program
- Project length: From 2 week to 12 weeks
- Program Schedule: March to December
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in La Ceiba
- Airport meet and greet in La Ceiba. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-35 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet