In La Ceiba there is a growing need for native English speakers to help students become a part of the growing hospitality industry. Volunteers work at a local primary school or high school in La Ceiba. These areas are very poor, and the schools lack native English-speaking volunteers.
In this program, volunteers will help children learn the correct use of English words and master English grammar. A typical class averages about 30 students. You must be able to communicate in Spanish, and comfortable in front of a classroom.
- This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program
School Closed: December 1st to January 30th
Volunteer Opportunities: Honduras Education Program
- Project length: From 2 week to 12 weeks
- Program Schedule: March to December
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in La Ceiba
- Airport meet and greet in La Ceiba. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 30-35 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
|Honduras - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.