Quality of life is significantly lower for women around the world. They are discriminated against and judged based on the body with which they were born. Gender inequality is a major problem in India. Most woman and young girls are treated less than second class citizens and 40% are illiterate. By teaching English and other self-reliance skills to woman, society in general with improve (albeit slowly!) Education for girls will not only further gender equality but lead to higher economic opportunity and productivity, reduced child mortality, improved family nutrition and health, and fewer cases of HIV and AIDS.
Volunteer with a woman’s support project and you will teach English, learn about handicraft making and try and help to develop micro-finance development plans. Volunteers will teach about gender equality, income generation and computer literacy, and will assist them in gaining financial and social independence. Volunteers are required to support the project with new ideas to boost the empowerment programs and help in obtaining micro-finance to start micro business like food truck, handicrafts and embroidering.
*Imp: The transportation in not included to the program. The transportation cost is around US$2 - 4 a day by Tuk-tuk (motorcycle ride) can be divided between 2 - 3 volunteers (9 to 12km ride).
Volunteer Opportunities: Woman’s Community
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Jaipur International Airport (JAI)
- Accommodation: Local host family/Shared volunteer House
- Meals: 3 per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airlines: Jet airways, Spice jet, Etihad, Indigo, Go Air, Air India etc.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Jaipur City
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 20-30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing, camel safari, elephant safari, Taj Mahal etc.
- Typical shift work can be: 9:00am - 2:00pm or 2:30pm to 6:30pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
- A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
- Accommodation in ABV house (Dual/Tri sharing) or in ABV host family (Depends on the availability)
- All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Project visit with supervisor
- Resource materials to use on project
- Weekly market visit to shop for your necessities
- One party & dinner out to experience the new India
- Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
- Airport drop at Jaipur airport
- Emergency support
- Airfare, Visa, insurance, local transportation, vaccinations, local sightseeing and all personal expenses. Cultural classes like Hindi, Indian dress workshop, Yoga class, cooking class only for the volunteers who stays in ABV house (fees apply).
|Asia / US$|
|India Jaipur (General Programs)||860||990||1120||1250||1380||1510||1640|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.