Volunteer in a center set up to provide opportunities for girls, children, and adult women of low income for basic studies, technical, artistic and cultural, to access the formal and informal education. All teaching of the Cultural Center has the overall objective of facilitating economic independence, individual dignity and the discovery of one's own abilities and classmates.
Today, there is a Teaching Area that trains more than 500 people each year, a library of 5,000 books accessible to the community, a choir and a youth orchestra, folk dance groups and theater and a scholarship program assistance to 225 young people and women to stay in school and develop their social commitment. It operates with a staff of 20 teachers and 13 administrative, 75% of which have formed in the Centre itself. Here a volunteer can help teach English, also vocational support in handicraft training, herbal medicine, cooking.
Support the human rights and awareness of safe living practices and anti-violence prevention programs.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year Round Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Managua (MGA)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Requirements: Advance Spanish
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Managua
- Airport meet and greet in Managua. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 8:00am - 5:00pm with a break for lunch
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transferocal
- Flights to Nicaragua. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.