Located in the Central region of Ghana, Kasoa is located along the Accra-Cape Coast road, about 20 miles from the Kotoka International Airport (ACC). Kasoa is a town of great importance as it is a market community and features a prominent regional market place. Being based in this area of Ghana makes traveling to Accra, Cape Coast and some of the nearby market and beach areas very easy.
Kasoa has seen dramatic population growth in the last decade as people spread out from the Greater Accra region. This growth has led to issues with lack of infrastructure, roads and housing. Also with the increase of people there has been a reduction of farm land and food shortages are commons as a result of the continual increase in population.
The volunteer work in this area supports local education needs and healthcare projects.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Accra (Code: ACC)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7 hours per day
- Requirements: Medical credentials/current enrollment in graduate school.
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Delta, United, KLM, Lufthansa
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Ghana. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet