The Volta Region is the vast easterly area, bordering Togo, located about 3-4 hours from the Kotoka International Airport in Accra. This region of Ghana boosts an amazingly picturesque landscape from lush rolling hills to natural pools and lagoons. This region is also dominated by the river Volta and Lake Volta, a great fishing lake as well as a popular recreational area. Volta is famous for its festival, dances and ceremonies.
The people of the region are made up of Ewe, Adele, Nchumuru, Akpafu, Atwode and several other tribes, which reflect the rich diversity of history and culture of the ethnic life in the region. The Volta provides a bit of something for everyone. The beaches are some of the best in West Africa, there are caves and grottos, natural waterfalls, nature reserves, monkey villages, natural parks and colorful markets to explore.
To volunteer in Ghana is a great way to safely explore life in rural Africa, live and work amongst the locals and realize one person can make a difference.
- Volta placements transportation cost is $180 to be added to your invoice. This is a 4-5 hour journey which may include local bus/lake crossing weather dependent
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Programs
- Project Length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Accra (Code: ACC)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa. Ground transportation cost $180
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: British Air, Delta, United, KLM, Lufthansa
- Vaccinations: Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay or onsite in Orphanage
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet. Overnight in Accra.
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Ghana. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Africa / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.