Named after the famous Scottish explorer Dr. David Livingstone who explored this area of the World extensively. Livingstone’s architecture and culture still stirs memories of days gone by. The city still has a colonial feel which people are incredibly proud of.
The city is fascinating to visitors - museums, colonial architecture, traditional village life, local food and the general African lifestyle. Located only minutes away from Livingstone is Victoria Falls, a natural wonder of the World. This is an area of Africa which is rich in history, and offers adventure travelers an opportunity of a lifetime.
For all the tourist interest, most locals in Livingstone and the surrounding villages live in extreme poverty. Why not combine volunteer work in a local grass roots project while visiting this beautiful area of Africa.
Volunteer work is available in a local school, orphanage center and health clinics in and around Livingstone.
- Project Length: From 1 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Livingstone (Code: LVI)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist/Volunteer Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Proflight Zambia, Etihad, SAA, British Air, KLM, Air France
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Malaria Medication, Yellow Fever, Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Home Stay
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Zambia. Entry Visa. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet access