A stated goal of the Chilean Ministry of Education is that Chile must become a fully bilingual country. English is taught in all Chilean schools from the first to the twelfth grades. Volunteer to teach English in Chile and you will work closely with Chilean teachers. Volunteer teaching placements in Chile are based in La Serena's kindergarten, primary and secondary level.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
When you teach English in Chile you will focus your time on pronunciation, verbal exercises, correct grammar and spelling. You will work with the local teacher and create a syllabus. TEFL certificate is not required, however volunteers need to be proficient in Spanish. This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program.
Vacations: July 13th to July 26th
December 1st to March 1st
Volunteer Opportunities: Teaching/Education programs
- Project length: From 2 weeks a 8 weeks
- Project dates: March to December. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: La Serena (LSC)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: intermediate/basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons while in country and Police Check/Clearance report
- Airlines: Lan Chile, American, United, Delta, Iberia, Avianca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in La Serena
- Airport meet and greet in La Serena. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 800-300pm with a break for lunch
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Chile. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Chile - Spanish Immersion||1140||1480||1820||2160|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.