Volunteer in Chile, A stated goal of the Chilean Ministry of Education is that Chile must become a fully bilingual country. English is taught in all Chilean schools from the first to the twelfth grades. Volunteer to teach English in Chile and you will work closely with Chilean teachers. Volunteer teaching placements in Chile are based in La Serena's kindergarten, primary and secondary level.
When you teach English in Chile you will focus your time on pronunciation, verbal exercises, correct grammar and spelling. You will work with the local teacher and create a syllabus. TEFL certificate is not required, however volunteers need to be proficient in Spanish. This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program.
Vacations: July 13th to July 26th
December 1st to March 1st
Volunteer Opportunities: Teaching/Education programs
- Project length: From 2 weeks a 8 weeks
- Project dates: March to December. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: La Serena (LSC)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Week: Breakfast, lunch and dinner Weekends: breakfast and dinner, no lunch
- Requirements: intermediate/basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons while in country and Police Check/Clearance report
- Airlines: Lan Chile, American, United, Delta, Iberia, Avianca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in La Serena
- Airport meet and greet in La Serena. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 35-40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work can be: 800-300pm with a break for lunch
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Chile. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet