The capital and largest city of Nicaragua sits on the southern shore of Lago de Managua with a volcanic skyline view. A mix of residential neighborhoods and commercial districts, Managua is the heart of Nicaragua and home to a quarter of the population. The national language is Spanish, and outside tourists areas, English is rarely spoken. Managua is ideally located between the colonial towns of Leon and Granada. In Managua and throughout Nicaragua there are many festivals celebrated, the most famous is Santo Domingo de Guzman after the cities patron saint, starting August 01st for 10 days. There are two distinct seasons dry: January to June and wet season is June-September.
In spite of the growing tourist boom, most people in Nicaragua live below the poverty line. Most children lack an opportunity for a decent education, with almost 50% of families living well below the poverty line. We offer orphanage, child care, special needs project and teaching placements throughout the city. With our volunteer program we allow you to discover the wonders of Nicaragua, while doing meaningful community work. This is a great opportunity to enhance your Spanish knowledge, live with the locals and realize one person can make a difference
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations.Local Transportation.Travel & Health Insurance.Laundry and Internet
|Central America /US$|
|Nicaragua - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 8, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.