Volunteer Nicaragua, The capital and largest city of Nicaragua sits on the southern shore of Lago de Managua with a volcanic skyline view. A mix of residential neighborhoods and commercial districts, Managua is the heart of Nicaragua and home to a quarter of the population. The national language is Spanish, and outside tourists areas, English is rarely spoken. Managua is ideally located between the colonial towns of Leon and Granada. In Managua and throughout Nicaragua there are many festivals celebrated, the most famous is Santo Domingo de Guzman after the cities patron saint, starting August 01st for 10 days. There are two distinct seasons dry: January to June and wet season is June-September.
In spite of the growing tourist boom, most people in Nicaragua live below the poverty line. Most children lack an opportunity for a decent education, with almost 50% of families living well below the poverty line. We offer orphanage, child care, special needs project and teaching placements throughout the city. With our volunteer program we allow you to discover the wonders of Nicaragua, while doing meaningful community work. This is a great opportunity to enhance your Spanish knowledge, live with the locals and realize one person can make a difference
Volunteer Projects in Nicaragua Managua
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Managua (Code: MGA)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, Spirit, Taca
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview On-Site
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nicaragua. Entry Visa.Departure taxes. Vaccinations.Local Transportation.Travel & Health Insurance.Laundry and Internet