Hanoi is a lovely city and capital of Vietnam. Located in the heart of the northern Red River Delta, Hanoi is a city of lakes, tree lined streets, and green parks that has a French colonial feel. Founded over 1000 years ago, Hanoi became the center of government for the Indochina Union under French rule in 1888, and later the official capital of independent Vietnam.
Hanoi retains it charming sense of the old world, with preserved streets of the Old Quarter, temples, monuments and pagodas that reflect the significant character of Vietnam. It is a city that appears frozen in a long-gone era. There are relatively few cars – many people travel by bicycle or moped. Today, compared to other cities in the south of Vietnam, Hanoi is far slower, less developed and a charming city to visit. Travelers can find hotels, internet cafes, and western style food in this once inaccessible city.
Hanoi can be visited year round: summer (May-Sept) can be very hot and sticky, autumn (Sept-Nov) is less humid and cool, and spring (Feb-April) sees nice weather and some rain.
Some airlines that service Noi Bai international airport are Vietnam Airlines, Thai Air, Cathay Pacific and Korean Air to name a few.
- Project length: From 2 week to 8 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Hanoi (Code: HAN)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 5-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: United, Korean Air, China Airlines, Delyta, Qatar, Air France, Qantas
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Guest House or onsite dorm room
- Meals: 2 Meals a day (stipend)
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Vietnam. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Asia / US$|
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.