The Elderly Care Center is a non-profit organization created for the care and attention of low-income older people living in Cusco. Most of the residents have no other living options. Most of them have been abandoned by their own family. The home provides place to live, meals, clothing, medical treatment and therapy needs.
A Broader View Volunteers Abroad Gap Year Projects Overseas
Volunteers will help with recreational and cultural activities, help to prepare food, and feed some of the ladies and gentlemen. Help them to dress, bathe them or help them in their personal hygiene. Some -ladies/gentlemen- simply need people to talk to them, or read to them for a few hours or play cards or walk around the center. And we also need health care providers to help with the care of the people.
*This program can be combined with the medical projects, as volunteers are needed to provide health checks like checking blood pressures, sugar levels, administering medication and physical therapy needs.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social Welfare Programs
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ) via Lima connection
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 6 to 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Basic Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Post Family (Cusco)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Cusco Tour/Orientation
- Support: Pre-departure helpdesk, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency suppor
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.