Volunteer Peru Delve into a new language. This is a great opportunity to take Spanish lessons while being part of a community project in Cusco/Cuzco. Be fully immersed in Peruvian culture, learn Spanish, live with a local host family, all the while contributing to the volunteer project.
Spanish lessons are half day while you volunteer the other half day. Lessons from 1 to 4 weeks, if you need more lessons you can pay locally to our coordinator. Language Immersion classes can be combined with any of the Cusco/Cuzco based volunteer projects: teaching, medical, orphanage support, pre-medical. Language lessons are given by local tutors. Lessons focus on conversation practice, grammar, vocabulary and will be customized based on your Spanish levels.
Volunteer Opportunities Peru Language & Cultural Immersion
- Project length: From 1 week to 4 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Cusco
- Airport meet and greet in Cusco. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Morning or afternoon Spanish lessons, 5 days a week for 20 hours (45min each)
- Morning or afternoon Volunteer work, 5 days a week for 20 hours
- Certificate of completion from Spanish school
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet