Having English is necessary for children in Cusco to evade poverty. By speaking English, new opportunities are available to the children that would otherwise be destined to stay in the cycle of poverty.
Video Review Students LSU Health Medical Program Peru Cusco
With the growing tourist trend in this area having English will only increase the child's chancing of securing a job in tourism, and advancing his own education and horizons. Volunteers will focus on grammar, proper pronunciation, spelling and will work with the local teacher and create a syllabus.
TEFL certificate is not required, however volunteers need to be proficient in Spanish. This program can also be combined with the Language and Cultural Immersion program.
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 12 weeks
- Project dates: March to December, 2 week break in July
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Program donation: US$50 payable with the program fees.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Cusco
- Airport meet and greet in Cusco. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 7am-1pm and 3pm-5pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet