Volunteer in Cusco Peru are needed at a special needs center located in Cusco Peru. All residents, regardless of their age, suffer from various physical and mental ailments. The home is for adult and child residents who come from the poorest communities in and around Cusco. The center is quite large and has several dedicated areas, including separate buildings for women, men, and children. There is small therapy room for children and large outdoor areas for sitting, reading and talking with the residents. As a residential facility bedding and food are provided for all residents, and most of the home's funding comes from donations and international support.
Hours for volunteers are: 8am-12pm and 230-5pm. The mornings are spent with the children who are unable to attend school doing physical therapy, playing, feeding and changing. In the afternoons the children who go to school are at the orphanage and you may spend your time working with them on homework, feeding, getting children ready for bed by 5pm and cleaning.
Volunteer Opportunities Peru Special Needs / Therapy
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year-round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: Admin fee: $100 for one month, $200 for two months, $300 for three months.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Cusco
- Airport meet and greet in Cusco. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 230pm -5pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet