Although in recent years Peru has benefited from a rise in tourism offer some economic relief, millions of Peruvians live below the poverty line. More than half of the country's people struggle to survive, close to one fourth of the population live in extreme poverty. The children are the hardest hit with many living and working on the streets. Our volunteer programs help to support these children's care, education and health needs.
We offer in Cusco Peru many social programs as: Medical program, Teaching in primary and secondary schools, premedical/prenurse internships, volunteering with orphanages and day cares, and you can combine all these programs with Spanish Immersion Lessons while volunteering.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the people, sights, sounds, and tastes of Peru. Volunteering in Peru is a way to totally immerse yourself in Spanish culture. This is a great opportunity to make life-long friends, learn a foreign language and discover that one person really can make a difference. Volunteer with us and see A Broader View of the World.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 6 to 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family (Cusco) or Park Cabins (Amazons)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Cusco Tour/Orientation
- Support: Pre-departure helpdesk, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency support
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|South America / US$|
|Peru - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1735||1895|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|South America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.