Volunteer in Peru with A Broader View Volunteers, our highly rated non-profit charity organization. Volunteer placements are based in the Maya city of Cusco Peru. Volunteer can choose between 7 programs options available in Cusco Peru.
Although in recent years Peru has benefited from a rise in tourism offer some economic relief, millions of Peruvians live below the poverty line. More than half of the country's people struggle to survive, close to one fourth of the population live in extreme poverty.
The children are the hardest hit with many living and working on the streets. Our volunteer programs help to support these children's care, education and health needs. We offer in Cusco Peru many social programs as: Medical program, Teaching in primary and secondary schools, premedical/prenurse internships, volunteering with orphanages and day cares, and you can combine all these programs with Spanish Immersion Lessons while volunteering.
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the people, sights, sounds, and tastes of Peru. Volunteering in Peru is a way to totally immerse yourself in Spanish culture. This is a great opportunity to make life-long friends, learn a foreign language and discover that one person really can make a difference. Volunteer with us and see A Broader View of the World.
Volunteering in Cusco
What could be more rewarding that volunteering during the week and then visiting Machu Picchu on the weekend? This is a reality if you choose to visit Cusco/Cuzco Peru. Volunteering in Cusco will have you working with children in a kindergarten, day care, orphanage or special needs center, teaching english at a school. Medical and premedical/prenurse volunteers are placed in one of the cities public clinics. You will live with a local middle class host family in safe and close to the programs.
All our programs can be combined with Spanish Lessons. Each Program has a description of the length, the cost, whats included and not included in the fees. Most volunteer programs are available form 1 to 12 weeks, read the Overview for more details. Volunteer with ABV in Cusco/Cuzco and see a broader view of the World!
Programs in Cusco Peru
- Language Immersion
- Medical / Healthcare
- Teaching English
- Premedical / Predental
- Orphanage / Child Care
- Senior Care Center
- Special Needs / Therapy Support
- Women's Empowerment
ABV in a nut shell
- 501 (c)3 nonprofit USA based organization – you can tax deduct the program fees.
- Available year-round. You choose your own program start and end dates.
- 27 country locations to choose from. Programs available from 1 week up to 3 months in length.
- 245 perfectly balanced projects - experience, price, service.
- 100% cultural immersion including local home-stay and guesthouse accommodations.
- Program fees include airport transportation, orientation, housing/meals, 24/7 in-country support.
- Suitable options for solo travelers, gap year, honeymooners, families, mature travelers & groups.
- Excellent safety record and Platinum rated non-profit organization per Guidestar ABV alumni reviews.
- Between 1500-2000 volunteer per year with a high percentage of repeat volunteers.
I loved when the kids would know my name and get excited to see. It meant to me that I was making them happy and that alone made me incredibly happy to be there. During the weekdays, I would get up at 8 am and go to volunteer. I would come home for lunch at my host mom’s.
This experience as a whole has surpassed my expectations as a volunteer. I am taking way more out of this program that I feel I even put in. The growth that you see yourself is something only time can prove. ABV was the more credible program I found online after many weeks of research.
I think this was a great experience/opportunity for me. I worked at the dental hospital and it was great to see how different they treat their patients and the different accommodations they have to make. Living at Maria Elena´s was very nice.
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 6 to 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Airlines: Lan Peru, American, Delta, Spirit, Copa, Taca, Iberia
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host Family (Cusco) or Park Cabins (Amazons)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Cusco Tour/Orientation
- Support: Pre-departure helpdesk, Local Coordinator and 24hr emergency support
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet