The Children’s Museum of Costa Rica is a first of it's kind in Central America. Created to help children and their families enjoy, understand and become active citizens of the world in which they live. The Museum encourages imagination, curiosity, investigation, innovation, and play. Set in the old military prison, just north of downtown San Jose, this is a wonderful education institution that is a pacesetter for children's programs and exhibits.
Volunteers work side by side the local staff to encourage hands-on play and allow children to learn and experience science, music, geography and other subjects. Volunteers will work with the visitors and help to explain the exhibits, also can help with setting up displays, assisting with guided tours. Work hours are approximately 830am-13:00pm, 13:30pm-15:00pm Monday through Thursday.
Important: Arrival flights must be before 10pm (no exceptions) to San Jose and departure flight should be after 1pm.
Volunteer Opportunities: Museum Assistant program
- Project length: From 2 weeks to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Work Schedule: 8:30 to 15:00PM with break for lunch.
- Requirements: Proficient Spanish, independent bus ride to/from project site.
- Age Limits: Minimum 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO). Meet and greet by ABV Staff and transfer to host family.
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24 hour emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet. Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary.