As a teaching volunteer in Costa Rica you will significantly contribute to the welfare of the education system and get a new perspective of life in Costa Rica.
Volunteers are needed and welcome in a local pre-school which has 65 students, mainly from underprivileged families. Volunteers act as teaching assistants and main role will be assisting a local teacher with all aspects of English lessons. You may act as a tutor and provide individualized attention to students in need. Volunteers are can get involved in teaching extra-curricular activities such as art, dance, drama, and music or after school sports games to interact with the children.
Whatever experience or interests, teaching volunteers make important contributions by improving students' English skills as well as their understanding of other subjects. Join us today and see a broader view of the world!
Volunteer Abroad: Teaching Program
- Project length: From 1 week to 6 weeks.
- Program Closed: July 1st to 15th , and 24-25 December and December 30 to 1st January
- Arrival Airport: San Jose (SJO) Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Work Schedule: From Monday to Friday. Minimum 6 hours per day.
- Requirements: Basic Spanish, independent bus ride to/from project site. US$50 donation.
- Age Limits: 18 years or older for solo travelers.
- Airlines: American, United, Delta, US Airways, Copa, Taca, Avianca, Spirit Airways.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep-A and Typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov/
- Accommodation: Host Families.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
- Laundry: once a week.
- Arrival: Airport (SJO) meet and greet by ABV Staff and Airport transfer on arrival to San Jose
- Orientation: Orientation upon arrival.
- Support: Full time in-country ABV Coordinator. 24/7 emergency contact number.
- Departure: Transfer back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Flights. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance (US$53 approx). Internet & Laundry optional: only available in some host families: US$10 a week). Any extra activities and excursions or tours not described on the planned itinerary. US$50 donation paid over the total fee.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
|Central America / US$|
|Costa Rica - Spanish Immersion||1070||1375||1685||1995|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 6, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.