La Ceiba is the capital of Atlantida, which is the gateway to the Bay Islands. Our programs are located in the town of La Ceiba which is a typically coastal town with a mix of Latin, Caribbean and Afro-Antillean culture. The economy thrives on tourism as well as local plantations of pineapple and palms and bananas.
La Ceiba offers a lot to a traveler. With its close proximity to Pico Bonito Natural Park, marine reserves and wildlife refuge, it has the potential to develop into a major ecotourism spot in Central America. La Ceiba is famous for its Carnival week, which takes place during the Month of May to celebrate the patron saint, San Isidro. This is without doubt the largest and most important celebration held regularly in Central America.
Volunteer Opportunities Honduras: La Ceiba
- Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: La Ceiba (LCE)
- Airlines: Taca, Air Viva, Cayman Air
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and La Ceiba Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to La Ceiba. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
|Central America / US$|
|Honduras - Spanish Immersion||995||1290||1530||1790|
Any extra week of “accommodation and meals” will be US$150/week after week 4 until week 12, more Spanish lessons can be paid locally to the coordinator.
|Central America / US$|
The volunteer prices and the immersion prices are not combined, you choose from one or the other price.
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions. Contact us by email, through the on-line chat feature on our website or call us toll free at 866-423-3258.
WHAT DO MY FEES PAY FOR?
Volunteer Registration Fee – ongoing support from ABV staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, ABV donation Fund, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Volunteer Program Fee – ABV donation fund, airport pick-up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer program period, in-country 24/7 volunteer support and in-country administration costs. As a US Non-Profit Charity Organization all your fees are tax deductible and you can fundraise from our website to pay for the fees.