Volunteer in India, You are welcome to the city of heritage, royal cavalry, scented streets, colourful bazaars, cheerful people and spell-bounding beauty of architecture. Jaipur is also the capital of Rajasthan, the royal land of Rajput`s and Maharajas. The city still holds the glory of its history in its bazaars and architecture. The glimpse of India`s culture, traditions, food can be seen on the streets and its people`s life.
You will be witnessing passing by elephants; fully decorated in classic Indian art and world heritage sites like Hawa Mahal (Wind palace), Jal Mahal (Water palace), Amber fort, Nahargarh fort, Jantar-Mantar (The observatory) and many more places to visit in weekends during your projects. Surrounded by magnificent cities of Rajasthan like Pushkar (Camel safari), Ranthambore (Tiger safari), Bundi (Haveli`s), Jodhpur (The blue city), Jaisalmer (The golden sand dunes) and Udaipur (The city of lakes).
Jaipur has two sights, first the heritage and modern infrastructure and another is the dark streets of slums and poverty. Here comes your role, being a volunteer on an International community development project you will be helping the communities those are in great need of sustainable development through actions like education, empowerment, conservation, care and preservation. The city is struggling to provide the basic needs due to the over population. ABV is working with grass-root projects to provide them support, assistance and care in terms of funds, training and volunteers to work with them for achieving results. We are running different projects like Orphanage for rescued and orphans, Special children care for mental/physical and multiple disorder, Animal care for injured and abandoned ill animals and birds, Elephant care for mahouts and their elephants, School for poor children, Language learning for orphan and adolescent girls.
Medical care for slums and local small clinics and poor patients, Child care for labour community and other daily wage earners, Construction and renovation for community building and necessity of communities, Women empowerment for the local semi-literate and illiterate girls and women to provide them the education and training. These are the efforts we are making to put a little effort to make someone happy and proud of their existence and yes, you can be a reason for enlightening their lives.
Volunteer Programs in India Jaipur
- Animal Rescue Center
- Elephant Conservation
- Construction / Building
- Teaching English
- Teaching India
- Women empowerment
- Special Needs Children
- Child Care
- Medical / Health Care
Volunteer Opportunities Social Programs
- Project length: Most from 2 week to 8 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Jaipur Airport (JAI)
- Accommodation: Local host family & ABV camp
- Meals: All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airlines: Jet airways, Spice jet, Etihad, Indigo, Go Air, Air India etc.
- Vaccinations: Routine Vac, Hep A, typhoid wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Program starts and ends in Jaipur City
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 25-30 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing, camel safari, elephant safari, Taj Mahal etc.
- Typical shift work day: from 4 to 8 hours a day 5 days a week
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
- A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
- Accommodation in ABV house (Dual/Tri sharing) or in ABV host family (Depends on the availability)
- All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Project visit with supervisor
- Resource materials to use on project
- Weekly market visit to shop for your necessities
- One party & dinner out to experience the new India
- Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
- Airport drop at Jaipur airport
- Emergency support
- Airfare, Visa, Insurance, local transportation, vaccinations, local sightseeing and all personal expenses. Cultural classes like Hindi class, Indian dress workshop, Yoga class, cooking class only for the volunteers who stays in ABV house (extra fees).