Kathmandu is a captivating place. It is the capital and largest city of Nepal, and offers visitors a mix of the modern life and ancient culture. A visit to Kathmandu is like stepping back into the 12th century. Parts of this bustling city are very crowded and run down, and other areas are architecturally stunning and home to numerous notable Hindi and Buddhist temples, monkeys, and ancient buildings.
Nepal's acronym of Never Ending Peace And Love, does well to characterize this nation of good natured and accommodating people. Kathmandu has many attractions, but the essence of the country is its smiling, friendly people with their heartfelt palm-pressed greetings.
With a stunning backdrop of the tallest mountain peaks in the world, warm hospitable people and old world charm, Kathmandu is a exciting place to visit and volunteer. Take a step back in time, volunteer in Nepal.
Volunteer Opportunities: Social programs
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Kathmandu (Code: KTM)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 6-8 hours per day
- Requirements: Tourist Visa
- Age Limits: Minimum 17yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 16 yrs if traveling with parents
- Airlines: Qatar, Air India, Jet Airways, Thai Air, Ethiad
- Vaccinations: Typhoid and Hep A wwwnc.cdc.gov
- Accommodation: Host family/Shared House
- Meals: 2 Meals a day
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview andOrientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Nepal. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet