Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Quito is also the capital of Ecuador. The beautiful, bustling city sits high in the Andes Mountains an altitude over 9000 ft. Quito's Old Town is a wonder with neighborhoods lined with colonial architecture, some of it dating to the mid 1500s when the Spanish founded the city. It is a place of delicious food, friendly people, wonderful Andean music and colorful marketplaces.
Volunteer Ecuador Quito Opportunities
- Project Length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival Airport: Quito (UIO)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion Lessons
- Age Limits: Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.
- Minimum Age: 12 to 17 yrs if traveling with parents.
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
- Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
- Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Quito. Entry Visa. Departure taxes. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet